[merge] cleanups in upgrade

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Jan 19 10:11:34 GMT 2009

2009/1/17 John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>:
> You did it because the old code used a "pb" rather than trace.note().
>
> Anyway, I think I like the change, though I don't think you really want
> to use a progress bar here.

That's correct, and I kept it just so that there was the least
likelihood of changes with regard to how output is flushed.  (Since
I've already broken enough stuff there recently, it seems. :-)

I think that generally speaking we should get away from having the
concept of notes going through progress bars, and just send them to
the ui object, possibly with those functions available via the trace
module.  Then they can take care of clearing the progress bar if
that's needed on a text terminal.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>