How to bzr fast-import of git remote branches?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 14 22:59:04 GMT 2009

Brian de Alwis wrote:
> Oops, I've done some reading and it's making a bit more sense now.  So
> if I understand this right, bzr-fastimport will currently only import a
> single branch with appropriate tags.

Hi Brian,

Conceptually, it ought to support a full repository. I think the code
implementing "resets" just isn't done because no one has needed them yet
and I didn't understand exactly what a non-tag reset was.

I hope the fast-import code is pretty clean so feel free to extend it
in this direction if you can.

Ian C.

> On 14-Jan-2009, at 2:09 PM, Brian de Alwis wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to create a bzr repository from a git repository.  This git
>> repository has only remote branches.  Trying to use the bzr-fastimport
>> plugin to process the output from git fast-export, but bzr-fastimport
>> produces reams of warnings along the line of:
>>
>>> $ (cd ../git-repo; git fast-export -all) | (cd ../bzr-repo; bzr
>>> fast-import -)
>>> 13:34:34 WARNING: resets are not supported yet - ignoring reset of
>>> 'refs/remotes/NONGNU'
>>> 13:34:34 WARNING: resets are not supported yet - ignoring reset of
>>> 'refs/remotes/DMG'
>>> 13:34:35 WARNING: resets are not supported yet - ignoring reset of