[MERGE] Fix #175520 by implementing a --deep option for log

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Jan 14 20:17:56 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:51:20AM -0600 I heard the voice of
John Arbash Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:
> > While I'm at it, here are some thoughts on "log DIR". By default,
> > we should just log what happened to the directory object. To see
> > what happened to each of the current children, "log --children
> > DIR".
>
> I think most people would expect "bzr log DIR" to show the
> --children form by default. I think while our current behavior is
> technically an alternative, it is pretty useless.

Ditto.  When I `log DIR`, I expect to see:

- Things that happen to the DIR object, like it shows now,
- Changes to files located beneath that dir,
- Files moving into that dir, and
- Files moving out of that dir.

Basically, if a `diff -r` would show any changes, log should show
those revs.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net