[patch] Cross-dev error, /etc versioning

Miroslav Prýmek m.prymek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:17:04 GMT 2009

> Thanks for the patch!  I think it'd be better to call shutil.move()
> here, rather than hardcoding it, for a few reasons: once-and-only-
> once;
> relying on gc to close files is can make us run out of file handles,
> and
> this might not do the right thing for directories.
>
> Could you please change that and test it, and let us know?
>
> We may also need to guard with a getattr against EXDEV possibly not
> being defined.
>
> BB: resubmit

(sorry for the late post, my newborn twins need a lot of care :)

I'am afraid there are serious consequences of the patch (as
others have pointed out too). It deserves a decision of the people
familiar with the Bazaar source code and design. I am not involved in
the Bazaar
development process and (please do not be iritated) I don't
want to be.

I just wanted to point out the solution for
people who want a quick&dirty hack for this...

M. Prymek