[MERGE] only lock branches once in "bzr missing"

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jan 12 13:59:08 GMT 2009

John Arbash Meinel has voted reject.
Status is now: Vetoed
Comment:
There is very little overhead in calling lock() on an already locked
object, so I think using the 'safe' public api (which just ensures that
the objects really are locked) is fine.

If you actually find there to be overhead in doing the extra lock, I
would *really* like to know about it, because it would be something that
we need to take a close look at. But for now, I'm voting reject because
I don't think it would have any real effect, versus using a private
"slightly less safe" function.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/bzr/request/%3C1afaf6160901100948q974104rf69664679abc02ac%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Project: Bazaar