Plans for Loggerhead

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 02:26:54 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml at canonical.com> wrote:
> The scope of the library seems unclear to me. What sort of things
> definitely do *not* go into the library, but rather into loggerhead
> itself? What users do you imagine, other than loggerhead and
> plain-html?

It would be the only one talking to bzrlib.
Anything else would be in loggerhead (pagination, rendering voodoo,
serving the pages, urls, etc)

> Also, perhaps it should be packaged as a bzrlib plugin, even though it
> might not add any new commands.

Seems to be a popular idea!  :)

>> - Generate one json file per revision, which contains all the
>> information about it, excluding the diffs. Doing this will let us
>> generate it once, and serve it statically from then on. It also
>> potentially lets us cache it client-side, so we don't have to fetch
>> information we already did
>
> I guess this is the sort of scope question I mean. Is it a simple JSON
> generator, or does it also handle caching?

I'd like it to optionally handle the caching of the jsons as well. It
will for sure handle the revision graph, so it will have to do the
sqlite voodoo.

--
Martin