[MERGE] Fix #175520 by implementing a --deep option for log

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jan 6 06:14:47 GMT 2009

I agree with most of Ian's comments. I would say that just --old is
enough as a name - I mean, log -v FILE today does file->fileid mapping,
so log -v --old FILE looking for  file names is not much different from
the users perspective.

I think this should show the same revisions as log does today, its IMO
definitely a bug.

As for the change to -v to not show other paths changed at the same
time, I don't like that change at all - I think it really needs
discussion.

I don't like it because, it makes log -v FILE meaningless, every leaf
revision will show just the files name.

-Rob