bzr init showing info - time to revert it?

Neil Martinsen-Burrell nmb at wartburg.edu
Mon Jan 5 03:00:06 GMT 2009

Robert Collins <robertc <at> robertcollins.net> writes:

> I'd really like to revert the change made to show the output of 'bzr
> info' after init.
>
> Does anyone really like it?
>
> If the main thing is that we want to change away from an approach of
> silent-commands-when-things-worked, well lets do that. The appropriate
> output for 'init' in that case would be the action taken, not the full
> info of the resulting tree.

I'm split.  I like the silent-when-worked model, but I think that given the
infrequent use of init, its importance and large number of options (17 possible
formats, default directory or directory specified, shared repository or not) I
think that a clear description of what was done could be helpful.  Many of the
questions that I see here about Bazaar have to do with formats or confusion of
branches and repositories, so perhaps init should clearly report the format and
location of the branch it created and the format and location of the repository
where revisions will live for this branch.

+0

-Neil