Merge the initial codes

马旋(SuperMMX) supermmx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:15:19 GMT 2008

Hi, Bazaar guys:

bzr 1.9 on win32 (XP)

I branch feature from the empty trunk, and merge it back, but when showing status,
it displays "working tree is out of date, run 'bzr update'".

It seems that you must have commits in the trunk, otherwise merging will not success.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

$ bzr init-repo --format 1.9 --no-trees test
Shared repository (format: 1.9)
Location:
  shared repository: test

$ cd test/
$ bzr init trunk
Repository branch (format: unnamed)
Location:
  shared repository: .
  repository branch: trunk

$ bzr branch trunk/ feature
Branched 0 revision(s).

$ bzr co --lightweight feature/ wt

$ cd wt/
HACK, HACK

$ bzr switch trunk
Updated to revision 0.
Switched to branch: C:/HOME/MyOwn/Projects/SuperMMX/bzr-repo/test/trunk/

$ bzr merge ../feature/
+N  file.txt
All changes applied successfully.
$ bzr status
working tree is out of date, run 'bzr update'

- --
A. Because it makes the logic of the discussion difficult to follow.
Q. Why shoudn't I top post?
A. No.
Q Should I top post?