[merge] MVC progress bars, and indication of network traffic

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Dec 17 10:18:55 GMT 2008

On 17 Dec 2008, Jonathan Lange <jml at canonical.com> wrote:

> If you stop supporting it, you need to provide something else to
> replace it -- we use it to reset timeouts when mirroring branches.

OK, thanks for catching that.

So do you set the environment variable to get dots output?

If you're using the bzrlib api I think it might be good to provide your
own UI.  If you're just parsing the output then something like dots is
probably still needed.

I won't send this for merge until I check how this will work for you and
deal with Vincent's mail.

--
Martin