SOLVED Re: Q: Use rebase to get around corrupted knit file?

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 12 21:50:18 GMT 2008

Hi all,

While not the recommended way to do things, I finally solved (I hope) my
corrupt knit problem.  I had the source file from which the knit was built,
plus the information including the sha1 hash in the inventory.knit.  Using
that, plus the filename of the corrupted knit, I was able to rebuild
something by hand (lots of kill-yank-yank-yank in emacs) that satisfied bzr
enough to allow it to upgrade to a newer repository format.  Now it no
longer complains about needing an upgrade nor does it blow up when I ask
for bzr to check the repository.

Thanks all for your leads and your patience.

P.S. The final recommendation was to use bzrlib/knit.py, but I had no real
idea where to start with that after looking at the code, so I went with a
more hazardous route that I felt I at least had an inkling about, for a
file I'm fairly confident I'll never need.