Please help Python team decide on a VCS

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Dec 10 08:28:08 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:20:28AM +0000 I heard the voice of
Russel Winder, and lo! it spake thus:

That's what he said; check the alignment   :)

> Is there a difference between --rich-root and --rich-root-pack ?

--rich-root is a knit variant.  --rich-root-pack is a pack variant.

Speaking of, can we deprecate and hide --rich-root?  Please?  It
serves hardly any purpose.  Any version of bzr that can digest it can
digest rich-root-pack; it doesn't allow a shred of greater backward
compatibility.  AFAICS, the only reason for its existence in the first
place is for those weird corner cases where packs were a lot slower
than knits, for projects where it matters.  And its existence,
dangling out there in the breeze, is a constant and repetititive
source of needless user confusion.

--
Matthew Fuller
<mfuller at infocus-llc.com>