[MERGE] Less bazaar coding style regressions.

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Dec 9 10:37:43 GMT 2008

<snip/>

    Marius> I'd be happy to write a test that tests all the source for trailing white
    Marius> space
    Marius> and then make it pass, if there is a chance that it would get merged.
    Marius> You do know that it is going to cause a lot of "spurious changes" and lots
    Marius> of conflicts.
    Marius> Are we willing to take the pain?

There may be way to lessen the pain by breaking the fixes into
batches (some files here, some files there) and sending the merge
requests one after the other over a long period of time.

That way, if/when conflicts occur, hopefully there will be few
enough to not reach anybody pain threshold...

In the mean time, having a way to *not* regress is a step forward.

   Vincent