[MERGE] Less bazaar coding style regressions.

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Dec 8 17:23:01 GMT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 6:19 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Marius Kruger wrote:
> | Thats right folks,
> |  I think I've successfully written a test which checks for bazaar code
> | style regressions in the not-yet-commited changes of the working tree
> | being tested.
> |             Currently I check all newly modified .py files for:
> |             * new trailing white space
> |             * new leading tabs
> |             * new long lines (give warning only)
> |             * no newline at end of files
> |
> | It already came in usefull while preparing this patch
> | ./bzr --no-plugins selftest coding_style
> | will help people like me to easily prepare non-style-regressing patches.

That's pretty cool.

Like John, I think I'd prefer this be done in test_source and check
the whole working tree, except for things that are specifically
excluded, such as copied-in library source.  Then there's no chance of
missing things that are committed without checking them.  If there are
already things that would fail, let's just fix them up.
--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>