[MERGE] Fix #87179 by using the short status format when the short format is used for log.

Aaron Bentley aaron at aaronbentley.com
Thu Dec 4 20:52:00 GMT 2008

Colin D Bennett wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:31:35 -0500
> Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> wrote:
>> I never run status without --short.  I think it's a superior way of
>> displaying status information.  I'd like it to be used everywhere, or
>> at least I want the *option* of using it everywhere.
>
> So you can use 'alias st="status --short"'.

No, I meant a single configuration that causes it to be used everywhere,
like the "log_format" option.  I realise my phrasing was ambiguous, and
I could have meant "I want each command to provide the option of using
status --short format".

> However, there should then
> be a corresponding "--short-status" option for the 'diff' command.

Doesn't follow what I meant.

> Perhaps 'diff --short' should really be called 'diff --flat', since
> that's really what it does:  It doesn't show the sub-revisions within
> merged revisions, right?

Diff doesn't show merged revisions at all.  I think you mean log.  Short
log format doesn't show merged revisions, but it *also* is a shorter
output format:

v$ bzr log -r 3876.1.2 --long
revno: 3876.1.2
committer: John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>
branch nick: 303538_max_readv
timestamp: Mon 2008-12-01 19:22:00 -0600
message:
  Add a test case that checks the 100MB limit.

$ bzr log -r 3876.1.2 --short
3876.1.2 John Arbash Meinel	2008-12-01
      Add a test case that checks the 100MB limit.

Aaron