Git support for pip. What about Bazaar?

Eduardo O. Padoan eduardo.padoan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:13:32 GMT 2008

Hi folks!

Jannis Leidel, on his branch at github [1] has added  support to pip
[2] to install from git repositories. It already supports svn repos.
Anyone interested on adding bzr support to it?
I would do it, but I'd need some time to actually learn some useful
quantity of bzrlib to do any good work :P, which I intend to do,  some
day...
So if there is someone more motivated, please speak up! Thanks!

[1] http://github.com/jezdez/pip/tree/git-support
[2] ex-pyinstall,py, ease_install sucessor
http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/10/28/pyinstall-is-dead-long-live-pip/

--
    Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
http://djangopeople.net/edcrypt/