bzr for documents

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Dec 1 01:19:35 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 12:46 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I also suppose that you could put the repo in $HOME but have bzr
> ignore *everything* by default.  The cost of this would be that you
> would have to use a "force" flag when adding a file to the versioned
> set.  Pretty low cost for the scenario you describe, IMO, but YMMV.

FWIW, 'bzr add file' will override an ignore that ignored file, with no
special flags.

ignores only directly affect whether an unversioned file is considered
'unknown' or 'ignored'.

Various commands like commit and add will then look for unknown files.

Add's behaviour is that a supplied path is always added as-is, and that
the supplied paths are then recursively scanned for unknown files to add
as well.

-Rob