bzr for documents

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 13:27:00 GMT 2008

I dont know if this is right use for bzr (or if this is a very basic
question :-)
I want to use bzr for text documents -- usually emacs-org files.

The usage scenario is

1. Files reside in a number of different directories
2. Many (one-off) documents may not be versioned
3. Their histories are usually unrelated
4. Documents that are versioned may have complex (branching) histories

So some (specific) questions:
-- Am I required to keep the .bzr directories in each directory where
versioned files reside? Or can I have one repo for all versioned files?
-- How do I disentangle the histories of different (unrelated) that simply
happen to be in the same directory.

More general questions:
-- I grew up on rcs (about 15 years ago). Is there not an 'rcs-workflow' ie
a file oriented rather than directory oriented one?
-- Should not the user guide have a 'document management workflow' along
with the others? Or my question(s) are a little stupid :-)