[merge][#295350] fix another "revision not present" in stacked repositories

Aaron Bentley aaron at aaronbentley.com
Sat Nov 22 00:34:57 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel wrote:

>> -                    if basis_parent not in
>> self.get_parent_map([basis_parent]):
>> +                    #
>> +                    # They're required to be physically in this
>> +                    # KnitVersionedFiles, not in a fallback.
>> +                    if self.missing_keys(parents):
>>                          pending = buffered_index_entries.setdefault(
>> -                            basis_parent, [])
>> +                            parents[0], [])
>

>> ^- I know Aaron asked for this, but it doesn't seem like we should
>> actually *require* that both parents be present unless we are actually
>> using a multi-parent compression format.

I only did that under the mistaken assumption that parents was a list of
compression parents.  When I realized that was incorrect, I retracted
the suggestion.

I was under the impression that Martin made that change because it fixed
the bug, and I was somewhat suspicious of that-- it didn't seem like it
could really fix it.

Aaron