Experience of centralized workflow with NFS-mounted storage?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 20 22:26:13 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> 1) We only use OS locks for *working trees*. So if you have a
> repository + branches on NFS everything should work fine. What tends
> to break is when your home directory is an NFS directory, because we
> use an OS lock on one of the files there (.bzr/checkout/dirstate).

What hope is there for Bazaar users who are already in the “home
directory (and thus working trees) on NFS” use case, then? Surely
that's one of the most common uses of NFS.

--
 \        “If you go to a costume party at your boss's house, wouldn't |
  `\     you think a good costume would be to dress up like the boss's |