So many repo formats

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Nov 18 21:40:37 GMT 2008

> All in all, I do not understand what do you want to accomplish with
> your remark...and if bzr devs think they must support all of them
> eternally, that's their decision in the same way I can decide which
> DVCS to use, but that it creates bad image in the public, it does
> indeed.

FWIW, I've personally heard the number of formats used as "proof" that bzr
is still evolving as they "obviously" can't get the most fundamental part of
their tool right even after *many* goes, and the tools that have only made
one or 2 iterations are "obviously" superior.  On one hand I understand the
truth is somewhat different to that, but I also fail to produce a reasonable
counter argument.

So anecdotally, it is creating a bad image.

Cheers,

Mark