So many repo formats

Stefan Monnier monnier at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Nov 17 21:44:39 GMT 2008

>> So, what's the downside?
> Upgrading from a non-rich-root format to a rich-root format is more
> resource-intensive and one-way (you can't convert from a
> rich-root-format to a non-rich-root-format, since that would lose data).

I don't understand why its one way: losing data is usually the easier path.

> Also, bzr versions before 1.0 don't support any rich root formats.

But these don't support the 1.9 format either.  So it looks like the 1.9
format is simply useless and should be killed right away, and the
1.9-rich-root should be renamed "1.9".

        Stefan