bzr status

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Nov 11 13:59:00 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 06:54:19AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Wichmann, Mats D, and lo! it spake thus:

> I don't see that this is any worse really; if I'm far down the
> directory tree of a branch, and I see changed files in a quite
> different path, I still need to make a mental combination - with the
> path-from-root of the branch.

But I know the overall shape of the project, so I know where within it
means what (and how's that for awkward English?).  With relative
paths, I have to do some figuring to find out where within it bzr is
talking about.  With absolute, it's right there on the screen.

> $ cd module-foo/generic/lib-foo
> $ make gensrc
> $ bzr status                 <==  ah there are new generated files
> $ bzr add `bzr unknowns .`   <== nope, all the paths are wrong

What the heck?  `bzr add .`

(I realize it's meant as an arbitrary example, not as the crowning
reason, but yeesh  :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net