selftest on win32

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 05:59:33 GMT 2008

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Mark Hammond
> <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> >> If you want to talk about
> >> particular messages, post them here (or refer to older threads.)
> >
> > A fair bit of noise (55 failures at last count) are along the lines
> of:
> >
> > """
> > FAIL: test_push_only_pushes_history
> > (bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_push.TestPush)
> > vvvv[log from
> >
> bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_push.TestPush.test_push_only_pushes_history]
> > LockContention: Could not acquire lock
> > "O:/window~1/testbzr-
> ds0uvn.tmp/.test_push_only_pushes_history/work/push-b/.
> > bzr/checkout/dirstate"
> > """
>
> I think it would be a small step forward to turn these into expected
> failures, pointing at the bug number describing the problem.  (There
> may already be one.)

Agreed - but it's not clear to me how to make this actually happen - I doubt
we want to touch each of the tests individually (although there are 55
failures I'm guessing some of them are due to the 'test multiplication'
process...) and there doesn't seem an obvious single place to otherwise
handle this.

Maybe the test suite itself could grow a list of exceptions it automatically
converts to expected failures?  win32 could have the lock contention
exception listed, and although this introduces a risk that *new* lock
contention failures would go unreported, it would still be an improvement
IMO.

Is this desirable?  Anything I've missed or other alternatives?

Thanks,

Mark