Bazaar as interface to Subversion repositories

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Nov 1 03:50:50 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 14:30 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 04:19 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >
> > That really is an incorrect impression. I must've missed those
> > discussions, and would be really interested in hearing what exactly
> > makes it hard to use bzr-svn as client on the same repository that's
> > being used by "real" svn clients.
> I would guess the extra metadata bzr-svn adds; which some (not all by
> any means) svn users have objected too.
There's another command (dpush) that doesn't add that metadata, the next
version of bzr-svn will use revision properties which don't show up in
"svn diff".

Even without that, other than the fact that you get some strange data in
your commit notification emails, it shouldn't be much of an issue for
SVN users.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org