bzr 1.9rc1 -> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write'

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:14:54 GMT 2008

Hi all,

just found a new / different behaviour in bzr 1.9

when doing a  :

 sudo -u autobzr sh -c "cd /home/autobzr/deployBZR/branch && bzr revno"

I get :

No handlers could be found for logger "bzr"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/bzr", line 129, in ?
    bzrlib.trace.enable_default_logging()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/trace.py", line 253, in
enable_default_logging
    bzr_log_file.write(start_time.encode('utf-8') + '\n')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write'

this used to work on the previous version as far as I remember...

also

 sudo -u autobzr -i
and then sh -c "cd /home/autobzr/deployBZR/branch&& bzr revno"

give the correct output : 45

I understand that "No handlers could be found for logger "bzr"" could be a
problem, but I am pretty sure it used to return the revno anyway instead of
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write'

Any idea ? I can test a bit further if needed... let me know

Cheers,
--
Alex