Bazaar and Hudson

Matt McClure mlm at aya.yale.edu
Sun Oct 26 16:30:32 GMT 2008

Hi Guillermo,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Guillermo Gonzalez
<guillo.gonzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> After ~1 1/2 days of playing with Hudson I have a working bazaar plugin. It's not fully implemented (or tested), but it's working quite well.
> Consider it a preview ;-)

Thanks for writing the Bazaar plugin for Hudson!  I'm trying it out
for bzr-p4 (https://edge.launchpad.net/bzrp4).  I have a Hudson job
that gets code from Bazaar and runs my tests, and I can trigger it
manually.

I haven't been able to get polling working.  In the Hudson UI, I see:

Last Bazaar Polling Log

Started on Oct 26, 2008 12:22:44 PM
Fetching remote revision-info
Unable to get version-info from
/home/mlm/sandbox/bzr-p4/bzr/continuous.integration.windows
Done. Took 0 sec
No changes

In the console window where I started Hudson, I see:

Oct 26, 2008 12:22:44 PM hudson.plugins.bazaar.BazaarSCM pollChanges
SEVERE: 3
        at hudson.plugins.bazaar.BazaarSCM.getRevno(BazaarSCM.java:180)
        at hudson.plugins.bazaar.BazaarSCM.pollChanges(BazaarSCM.java:139)
        at hudson.model.AbstractProject.pollSCMChanges(AbstractProject.java:711)

        at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.runPolling(SCMTrigger.java:253)
        at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.run(SCMTrigger.java:285)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:44
1)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:885)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Here's how I set up my Hudson job:

1. Download Hudson 1.255 from
   https://hudson.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=2761&expandFolder=2761&folderID=0

2. Download/install Bazaar 1.8 Windows installer from
   https://launchpad.net/bzr/+download .  Add Bazaar to PATH.

3. Download/install bzr-xmloutput from lp:bzr-xmloutput via bzr branch.
   See http://bazaar-vcs.org/XMLOutput .

4. java -jar hudson.war . Point browser at http://localhost:8080/ .

    Note: maybe need larger heap size.  -Xmx1024m ?

5. Download Bazaar plugin for Hudson from
   http://verterok.com.ar/bzr-hudson/bazaar.hpi .  Install via Hudson web
   UI.

6. New Job in Hudson.  Job name = bzrp4, e.g.  Build a
   free-style software project.

7. Advanced Project Options > Use custom workspace.  Directory =
   C:\Documents and Settings\mlm\.hudson\jobs\bzrp4\workspace\bzrp4 , i.e.,
   a path ending in "bzrp4".  Otherwise, Hudson uses the path ending in
   "workspace".  That doesn't work because bzr selftest relies on loading
   the bzrp4 plugin from a path ending in "bzrp4".

8. Source Code Management > Bazaar.  Branch URL =
   /home/mlm/sandbox/bzr-p4/bzr/continuous.integration.windows .  I tried
   C:\home\... but it didn't work because Hudson's URL parsing rejected the
   URL containing backslashes.

9. Build > Add build step > Execute Windows batch command .  Command =
   ci.selftest.bat .

Matt