[MERGE] Fix for bug 285055

Justyn Butler justynbutler at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:17:50 BST 2008

Hi

Thanks for the tips, my python and bzr noobishness is showing.

The original patch broke switch for heavyweight checkouts.
I've attached a new patch that works and passes the existing switch tests.

2008/10/21 Andrew Bennetts <andrew.bennetts at canonical.com>:
> The tests I'd like to see added are:
>
>  * that switch with force=True works when the branch reference is absent (but
>   the revision_id/revision_ids of the checkout's parent trees are all still
>   accessible, i.e. they are present in the to_branch.repository)
>  * what happens when switch with force=True is attempted in a lightweight
>   checkout, but not all the revisions listed in checkout.get_parent_ids() are
>   present in the to_branch.repository.  I guess the best we can do here is give
>   an error?

I'm afraid I don't really understand enough of bzr internals to follow
what you are saying here.

Justyn.