[MERGE] Include staging in launchpad-login authentication.

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Mon Oct 20 00:20:16 BST 2008

Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

> <snip/>
>
>     aaron>  def _set_auth_user(username, auth=None):
>     aaron>      if auth is None:
>     aaron>          auth = AuthenticationConfig()
>     aaron>      auth.set_credentials(
>     aaron>          'Launchpad', 'bazaar.launchpad.net', username, 'ssh')
>     aaron> +    auth.set_credentials(
>     aaron> +        'Launchpad Staging', 'bazaar.staging.launchpad.net', username, 'ssh')
>
> A simple  auth.set_credentials('Launchpad', '.launchpad.net', username, 'ssh')
> should be enough.
>
> AFAIK you can't connect to lp with different credentials and if
> the need arise you can define the exceptions *before* the rule as in:

Actually, if you change your credentials on staging.launchpad.net it
won't affect the real launchpad.net.  Staging is generally reset to the
production data every day or so, so defaulting to using the
.launchpad.net credentials makes sense.  And as you say, users can
override if they really want to be different.

So in short: I like Vincent's suggestion.

-Andrew.