[MERGE] Test for bug #272444 (symlinks to Unicode file names)

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Fri Oct 17 08:20:55 BST 2008

Andrew Bennetts has voted tweak.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
> +        self.requireFeature(UnicodeFilenameFeature)
[...]
> +        # 'adiós' ('goodbye' in Spanish) in utf-8
> +        os.symlink('adi\xc3\xb3s','tree1/link_name')

Hmm, UnicodeFilenameFeature doesn't check that the filesystem encoding
is UTF-8, just that the filesystem can support unicode filenames.  So
it's a bit weird to then creating a symlink that apparently assumes that
the filesystem encoding is UTF-8.  I don't think it strictly invalidates
this test, but it would be clearer to use u'adi\xf3s' rather than
'adi\xc3\xb3s'.

Also, grammar nit:

> +        revision = tree.commit('added a link to an utf-8 target')

That should be "a utf-8", not "an utf-8"; the letter "u" (and the word
"unicode") actually start with a consonant sound.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/bzr/request/%3C877i8ey7y2.fsf%40yahoo.com%3E
Project: Bazaar