Installing a bzr server with web interface

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:06:14 BST 2008

> > - there's no deb package (and that's a big turnover for me)
>
> I'm suprised at this one
>
> > - there's no documentation at all on how installing it
> >
> I thought they had things updated for newer versions. Certainly older
> versions were poorly documented, but Martin Albisetti did a whole lot of
> work improving that.

Or at least, there's a need for more advertizing if it exists ;-)

> > Also, I've seen trac-bzr but :
> > - I don't know how to integrate it with a repository
> > - I don't know if it's usable (I've seen a lot of messages saying that
> > it's still not really useful)
> >

> > Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and your advices
> >

> > Lionel
>
> I would recommend Loggerhead over trac-bzr, mostly because Trac was
> pretty much written around how SVN worked, and I think it is a poor fit
> for most of the distributed VCSs. That said, Trac-bzr is going to
> include more stuff. Like a wiki, issue tracker, etc.
>
> Loggerhead is just a branch viewer, while trac-bzr is a project
> management system. It depends what you need.

I really want a branch viewer. Project management is a plus but really not
needed for the current case. But I've a few Trac projects that I intend to
migrate to bzr. Is there any trac equivalent dedicated to bzr ? What are the
main drawbacks if using trac-bzr ?

> Of course, I would be remiss to not point out that Launchpad gives you a
> bug-tracker, email lists, and LH as a branch viewer, all maintained by
> other people so you don't have to spend your time doing it. But
> certainly if you want it hosted on your site, it isn't an option.

Launchpad is not an option for internal, personnal and/or confidential
project ;-)