Dropping support for Python 2.4

Daniel Watkins daniel at daniel-watkins.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 18:57:36 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 17:45 +1100, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Unfortunately we're still supporting Python 2.4.  AFAIK there are no
> plans to change that.
I wonder if it's time to change this policy.  Looking at a few major
distros:
      * Debian: python2.5 is in stable (soon to be oldstable)
      * Ubuntu: python2.5 has been in since Feisty (and bzr is 0.8.2 in
        dapper, so we're presumably not going to be backporting
        incompatible changes any time soon)
      * Fedora: Python version 2.5 since Fedora 7 (which was as early as
        I could dig records out for)

So it wouldn't be unreasonable to start thinking about it.

Dan