CVS migration help

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:46:54 BST 2008

Hi Jelmer,

  Apparently there's an encoding issue on file name (or commit comments).

i've filled up a bug report here :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-cvsps-import/+bug/278104

if you want to have a try, you can download the cvs repo archive here :
http://paquerette.com/20081004_ibay_cvs.tar.bz2

the cvsroot is in cvs/files in the archive.

I've searched the archive with all possible accent and only find 2 files:

paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$ find . | grep é
./crf-irp/Ressources/documentation/Spécifications.doc,v
./crf-irp-monitor/Ressources/documentation/Spécifications.doc,v
paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$ find . | grep ç
paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$ find . | grep è
paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$ find . | grep à
paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$ find . | grep ù
paquerette at home:/tmp/cvs/files$

i've tryed to remove these two files (with rm). it was enough for cvs2svn to
works (+ --encoding ISO-8859-1 to get rid of warning about commit comments
encoding), but not for bzr cvsps-import.

I'm a french team lead, and accent are part of my life, so I've to deal
with.
I'm testing 'new' thing on my own personnal projects before deploying it in
my business env and teach my engineers to use it.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas.