can't switch lightweight checkout if base branch was renamed

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Sep 29 20:15:49 BST 2008

If I rename/move base branch of lightweight checkout then I can't switch checkout to update base
branch location:

C:\work\Bazaar\plugins\qbzr>bzr switch C:/work/Bazaar/qbzr-repo/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "C:/work/Bazaar/qbzr-repo.packs/trunk/".

So every time I need to manually update .bzr/branch/location file. And then everything again works.
It's boring and does not sound right.

Is this inability to switch lightweight checkouts is intended behavior (by design) or just missed
feature? Should I file a bug about this?