Using bzr-svn to track multiple svn upstream branches

Stefan Bruens stefan.bruens at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Sep 26 12:04:02 BST 2008

Am Thursday 25 September 2008 23:39:45 schrieb Jelmer Vernooij:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 06:29:00PM +0200, Stefan Brüns wrote:
> > >
> > > Please be more specific - what exactly does not work as you expect?
> >
> > bzr does not detect the branch is from the same repository as trunk.
> > After init (--rich-root) I checked out trunk and a branch:
> > bzr co http://www.gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk/ gnuradio-trunk
> > bzr co
> > http://www.gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/trondeau/dbs/
> > gnuradio-dbs
>
> The second location is not a branch in the standard "branching
> scheme". You can only use
> http://www.gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers
>
> (trunk, branches/*, tags/* are supported by the standard branching
> scheme)
>
> bzr-svn >= 0.5 will also support the other location IFF that location
> and trunk have common history.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks for your answers so far, Jelmer. So, as I cant influence upstream
branch naming scheme, my only option is to wait for bzr-svn 0.5? May using
bzr-svn development version (future 0.5) be an option - is is stable, does it
work with bzr 1.6.1?

A different idea - is it possible to tweak the list of branch locations you
mentioned on my local installation to also include a few more "search"
locations, so in my case additionally to e.g. branches/* also
branches/developers/trondeau/* ?

Cheers,

Stefan