Bzr plugins *must* die!

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Sep 24 12:04:06 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 20:40 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 11:59 +0200, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> >
> > I mean -- just out of curiosity -- how much of a pain is it to ensure
> > that, where code compatibility is not the issue, the packages on the
> > main PPA all have compatible dependencies at the point that the latest
> > bzr release is uploaded?
>
> Its technically impossible due to how ppas behave.

Can't bzr be uploaded with Breaks fields for versions of the plugins
less than bzr's version? It will leave the combination un-installable,
but it sounds like the users who currently have the combination
installed would prefer being stuck with an older bzr until the plugins
are updated.

Thanks,

James