Warning: PQM is not testing C extensions

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Sep 24 06:34:42 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 10:57 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Just a heads up. PQM has python 2.4 and a too-old pyrex to build our C
> extensions. I filed a bug on this last week, I'm going to bump it to
> critical.
>
> For now though, please be aware than any code you write in pyrex will
> not be getting tested at merge time. So be ultra careful to run
> everything.

I've landed my fix to allow the extensions to build; but I can't be sure
they actually did build until I have a test fail to see the full
output :P.

We should fix that too, but I'm reasonable sure they are building now.
Note that a change which results in a build-failure will still not be
detected, but a change that builds will let the code be tested (and
possibly fail :P).

Its also likely that merges will be slightly faster now we're running
with extensions.

-Rob