Bzr plugins *must* die!

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+bzr at mega-nerd.com
Wed Sep 24 01:21:01 BST 2008

Hi all,

I run a Hardy base system and have a Dapper chroot. I have a number
of projects under Bzr and need to be able to compile and test them
under both Dapper and Hardy. In order to get a compatible Bzr on
Hardy, I use the one from ppa.launchpad.net.

This morning I apt-get update/upgraded the Dapper chroot and about
an hour later found that the new Bzr (1.7-1~bazaar1~dapper1 which
replaced 1.6.1-1~bazaar1~dapper1) wouldn't load one of the Bzrtools
plugins (bzr shelve) because the version of Bzrtools (also installed
with apt-get) was not the right version.

So, here we have version problems with plugins making the otherwise
stable base tool un-reliable. Is it not an obvious solution to pull
many of the very stable plugin packages into the main bzr tree?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo