Bazaar Shared Repository Authentication

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 22 10:24:07 BST 2008

neuromancer <vikb at icentrum.co.uk> writes:

> The permissions on the repository are all correctly associated with
> a group I created for the users so they should all have the correct
> filesystem permissions.

Files in the repository will be created on the assumption that the
repository is owned by one *user*, not by multiple users in a group.

The customary solution to this is to have the "central repository"
owned by a user account created explicitly for this purpose, and have
every person's commits go via that user. Sometimes that common account
is mediated via the Patch Queue Manager (PQM) program.

--
 \             “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect |
  `\       confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation |