Using version-info data with multi-branch packaging workflow

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Sep 13 02:32:16 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> You *could* do this with a "post-branch-tip-changed" hook. Also
> realize that not just commit, but also pull and uncommit probably
> need to regenerate this file.

AFAICT, from reading the "Using hooks" manual section
<URL:http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.1.5/en/user-guide/index.html#using-hooks>,
a hook is per-user (specified in the configuration directory for the
client), when what I need is a per-branch 'post_change_branch_tip'
hook that only applies to that branch, and applies wherever the branch
roams.

--
 \        “Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from |
  `\                              bad judgement.” —Frederick P. Brooks |