Recent update to bzr.dev is a blocker

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Wed Sep 10 18:32:09 BST 2008

Aaron,

> > The bzrtools I have is a branch of http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%
> > 7Eabentley/bzrtools/bzrtools.dev  According to
> > http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrTools this is the most up to date version of
> > BzrTools that it is possible to get.
>
> My apologies.  Usually, I update the version number before the RC goes
> out.  I have pushed up a new version.

OK, thanks.  I guess now I just have to hassle Jelmer to `fix' bzr-svn
0.4 branch which claims it can only work with bzr 1.6:

|> grep COMPAT __init__.py
COMPATIBLE_BZR_VERSIONS = [(1, 6)]

Change the 6 to an 8 and it all works.  Well hopefully it does, I guess
there are no guarantees.

I think we have here another instance of left hand and right hand
failure to communicate.  Some plugins make statements about which
versions of Bazaar they work with but there is no coordination of
version number updating happening.  OK so working with mainline of bzr
and plugins is on the bleeding edge, so trouble can be expected.
However, every time there is a version number change there seem to be
cracks.  The problem is that bzr.dev is supposed to have a number change
every month so this should be a standard thing that shouldn't cause
problems.

Sorry to be grumpy on this but it just strikes me that this should have
been sorted out long ago.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077