bzr 1.6.1/win32: hard crash because wrong libapr.dll is loaded

Kuno Meyer kuno.meyer at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 10 09:48:58 BST 2008

Mark Hammond <mhammond <at> skippinet.com.au> writes:

> I suspect you might be correct.  Interestingly, if I set LANG=de, then 'svn
> help' prints german text for me - however, that isn't enough to force
> bzr-svn to try and load that .so for me.  It might be interesting to see if
> setting it to 'C' helps for you?  Google wasn't much help in telling me how
> to customize the locale via the environment, but did offer that tip for
> force it back to English.
>
> Alternatively, I've made a .zip file of the 'iconv' directory from the svn
> directories used by the windows binary builds and put it at
> http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/svn-win32-1.4.6-iconv.zip - it
> would be interesting to see if your problem is solved by unzipping this in
> the svn plugins directory (the .zip folder has the 'iconv' directory itself
> in it).

I'm sorry, neither of the two ideas did help. (I tried /plugins/svn/iconv,
/plugins/iconv, /bazaar/iconv, /bazaar/lib/iconv, /program files/iconv).

I'm still looking at the APR source code (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/)
to find out about the conditions when the charset-specific libraries are loaded,
but this has to wait until this evening before it will be finished.

Cheers
Kuno