RFC: startup time - again

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Sep 9 15:45:11 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:35:13AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:

> Even without plugins other than launchpad.

In fact, on reflection, launchpad is by FAR the worst.  Heck, I can't
even remember the last time I used it.  If ever.

With the rest of my standard plugins (bzrtools, bookmarks, cvsps, gtk,
stats) back in place, the startup time goes to about .45 seconds.  So
launchpad eats more than TWICE as much time as the rest put together.
And it's not like bzrtools or gtk are tiny.  LP is 118k; bzrtools is 4
times that, and gtk is about 15 times the size.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net