RFC: startup time - again

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Sep 9 15:35:13 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 02:57:24PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Russel Winder, and lo! it spake thus:

> The outcome of this is that plugins == pain:

Even without plugins other than launchpad.

.42 to .30 seconds.  Nothing in ~/.bazaar/plugins.  The stuff in
python/site-packages [bzr.dev running out of my ~, so it doesn't get
lp from there] chmod 000'd.

Now, when I wipe out bzrlib/plugins/launchpad, there's that ~100ms
back.  So a quarter of the time used by 'bzr rocks' is used in the
launchpad plugin.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net