Fwd: RFC: startup time - again

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:45:02 BST 2008

2008/9/9 Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>

> No concrete proposals at this point, but please think about this, about
> these sorts of things, and the impact on the code base - as well as the
> benefits we might get by doing something like that.

I was thinking about this this morning while driving into work.
One option in my mind which you might have thought of already, is for
bzr to optionally start up a bzr daemon (either on system startup of first
call),
which will load all the code we could possibly want, and then accept
commands which will spawn a thread to do the actual work.
I was thinking that we could use a socket and just pass the input and output
through.

my 2cents
Marius