New to bzr : two of my SVN usecases

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:21:00 BST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Viktor Nagy <viktor.nagy at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) First use case : the LDAP centralized server.
>>
>> I want to have a centralized Bzr server for my "trunk". But it has some
>> limitation : I want the access to be provided over http/https by Apache
>> (like I'm doing with SVN currently). Also, the authentification is done by
>> an LDAP server. But I still want to have per-user authorization (I'm
>> currently doing it in a dav_svn.authz file). How can I reproduce this
>> usecase ? I want to stress that in some of my project, confidentiality is
>> really important so I must be able to be sure that read access is only
>> available for a few allowed users. Also, if permissions are handled by dav,
>> what about local users on the same filesystem ?
>>
>> Bonus point : if a user make its own branch. I understand that it can push
>> it to the trunk if I give him the authorization. But how can I say : "It's a
>> good branch, let's host it on the server alongside with the trunk" ?
>>

> You can use mod_wsgi (or if you prefer modpyhton) and bazaar for example.
> What I do is that I serve the bzr repo through mod_wsgi, but the wsgi
> handler file has an Apache auth required statement. Actually, I use Basic
> Auth and authenticate using a django site, but I guess LDAP should work as
> well.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Could you give me more information about your
configuration ? (You apache config for that would be a great help). Indeed,
if you succeed with BasicAuth, there's no problem switching to LDAP.

Also, could you explain me how you "serve" bzr over Apache ?

Thanks a lot, your information is invaluable for me !   I really thing that
it's currently a great missing point in the Bzr documentation/Community :
the server administrator point of view, the one who will not use bzr to
develop but will provide tools for developers.