[MERGE] Developer documentation of repository stacking

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Sep 5 01:47:34 BST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Michael Hudson
<michael.hudson at canonical.com> wrote:
>> +A repository opened from an hpss server is never stacked on the server
>> +side, because this could cause complexity or security problems with the
>> +server acting as a proxy for the client.  Instead, the branch on the
>> +server exposes the stacked-on URL and the client can open that.
>
> It seems to me that this means we're going to need a way to open a
> stacked branch without opening the basis branch...

To be precise there is no basis branch, only a fallback repository.
And yes, as far as I can see at the moment there is no way to open the
branch without opening the fallback repository.  Possibly this should
be handled by adding a way to open the branch without opening *any*
repository?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>