QBzr Eclipse plugin

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Sun Aug 17 20:09:18 BST 2008

I don't think the end user probably cares too much about whether SWT is
used or not. I think they just want a Bazaar plug-in that works and has
a nice interface. It is true that the level of integration may be less
by launching the interface in another process and perhaps one day the
SWT interface of bzr-eclipse will surpass the excellent work being done
by the QBzr developers. Until then though I think this will be a better
alternative (I know it will be for me at least and I hope other people

I think one of the advantages is that Bazaar gets a common interface as
I know the TortoiseBzr project will be using QBzr too. The QBzr
interface seems to be improving at a faster rate than the bzr-eclipse
one so these benefits will come for free to Eclipse users.

If you don't want to use it then don't. I'm publishing it because it
will be useful to me and I hope others. Choice is not a bad thing and
this project won't stop the work being done on the existing bzr-eclipse.

Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 17:44 +0200, Nicholas Allen wrote:
>> After having been somewhat frustrated with the user interface of the
>> bzr-eclipse plugin I decided to start writing my own that makes use of
>> the existing Qt plugin for Bazaar.
> Forgive me for speaking from a position of ignorance of the
> infrastructure -- but I do have the Bazaar Eclipse plugin installed and
> occasionally use it -- isn't the whole point of Eclipse GUI development
> to use the SWT package?
> Isn't using Qt going to add a dependency that people will rebel
> against?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)