[1.7] Plans for bzr 1.7
John Arbash Meinel
john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Aug 14 21:03:44 BST 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> It seems Martin has put me in charge of the 1.7 release, and I'd really
> like to get back into the habit of having our metronome emails.
> So this email is serving four purposes:
> 1) Describe the planned release dates, and get everyone to agree to get
> back into a time-based release schedule. Martin's idea was to have:
> freeze 28 August
> 1.7rc1 4 September
> 1.7 11 September
> This gives us 2 weeks of open development for the 1.7 release cycle.
> Which should be plenty.
While writing up This Week in Bazaar, we realized that releasing on 9/11
is a bit weird for the US, and releasing on a Wed is weird in general.
I'm *very* hesitant to postpone a delay, so what about releasing 1.7 on
Monday night Sept 8th. That will get us back to the "release just after
a weekend, after John and Aaron have had a day to respond to anything
that cropped up over the weekend". (Robert, Martin, Ian and Andrew
having already had a working day in AU.)
So unless people object, I'm going to be bumping all those dates back 3
days, to make them:
freeze 25 Aug
1.7rc1 2 Sept (1 Sept is Labor day in US)
1.7 8 Sept
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the bazaar