Setting the parent and push branches

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu Aug 14 19:02:01 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:58 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Russel Winder wrote:
> > Is there a way of forcing the removal of a parent or push branch once it
> > has been set?
>
> Edit .bzr/branch.conf

OK, I think I will.  Naughty but the result is nice :-)

> > Changing the branch is easy, but I have a branch that was branched from
> > a branch that no longer exists, it has become the master and shouldn't
> > have a parent at all.
>
> Sure, but you also shouldn't be doing anything that could use a parent
> branch.

Shouldn't does equate with hasn't.  Where there is a possibility of
something happening, then it will, at some time.  The requirement is
that is causes no damage.  In this case that is true, so no real
problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077